1. To collect, preserve. document and promote interest in the heritage of the Village of Athens and surrounding area.
2. Obtain, hold, maintain and manage a building facility to be used as a museum for displaying artifacts and conducting the business of the organization.
3. Sponsor the observance and commemoration of occasions of historical interest to the community.
4. Raise funds to advance and promote the purpose of this organization.
5. Provide a venue to honor past citizens, businesses or organizations who have contributed to the history of Athens.
6. Promote and advance the restoration of the acquired Greenfield House and turn it into a Community Center for the Athens area.
7. Provide an association for it's members to carry the above purposes.